Monday, May 13, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

The Weather...
We had snow this morning and into the afternoon.  Later this week we will be in the mid-70's. 

Right Now I am...
Hurting, angry and upset.  We were denied becoming foster parents.  Why you ask?  Because we homeschool!!  Ok close your mouth.  We also found out today that they also denied us because our daughters have too many special needs.  WHAT?!  They knew about all of this BEFORE we started this 2 year journey.  Our lives have been turned upside down over the past couple of years.  Not only was this a personal inconvenience but it was a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars.  Especially since they knew all of this before hand.

Thinking...
that God must have something bigger than foster care in store for our family.  I just pray its a good big thing.  haha

On my Reading pile...
Bible.  I'm diving back into deep study of God's word.  I've been reading right along, but I'm going to dig deep into scripture.

What I found on the net...
Not much surfing here.

On the Menu...
Monday~ Beef Stroganoff
Tuesday~

On my to do list...
Laundry
Sweep and mop the dinning room
Clean the schoolroom ~now that we are not "good enough" to do foster care we are turning the extra room into the schoolroom.

In the craft basket...
I'm going to learn how to knit!  I'm excited about that.

Looking forward to this week...
Wrapping up our homeschool group co-op for the year.

Looking around the house...
Just a little bit here and there to clean up after the weekend.

From the camera...
For Mother's Day we went to our favorite museum.  They had a fashion show during that time.  This is one of those beautiful dresses.

On my prayer list...
Our family and God's direction
My friend Sandra and family as they also wait for direction
Katrina and her upcoming graduation

Bible Verse, Devotional...
Proverbs 18:10
"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe."

Thank you Sandra for hosting this each week. If you would like to join in please go on over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

No comments: