Sunday, March 10, 2013

The Weekend...

This has been a long month!  Hubby has had to have surgery on both eyes.  This past Thursday was his final surgery.  Praise God everything went as planned.  He has never seen better.  Modern medicine just amazes me!!
He had a bit of trouble shaking off the knock out drugs this time around.  So this weekend was spent pampering him.


We spent a lot of the weekend inside.  There was laundry to do.  I had gotten behind because the drain hose sprung a leak on the washer.  It's times like that I praise God our washer and dryer are in the basement.  There was water everywhere.  It's all fixed now.  Hubby fixed it before his surgery.

I put a large amount of sauce and sausage in the crockpot for our weekend suppers.  We had spaghetti one night and homemade sandwiches the next.  With this I made a few loaves of bread.

To this bread I added garlic and onion powder.  Instant garlic bread.  I'm also going to make a loaf with garlic and rosemary.  YUM!

 Then of course there was cleaning to do.  I love using this knitted dishcloth made by my sweet friend Sandra from over at Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.  Using this to clean my kitchen is like having her here with me.  Especially since we live on opposite sides of the country.  It gives me a chance to say some extra prayers for her family.

Friday after hubby's follow-up appointment we stopped into the guitar store.  He had to sell his guitar a few years back in order for us to pay some bills.  We had some money saved and I wanted to replace it for him.  Since I know nothing about electric guitars I had to take him with me.
I really enjoy hearing him play.  He was "worried" that he had forgotten how to play.  He didn't!! He sounds just as good as I remember.  I'm excited about this because our church is starting a worship band and he will be playing.

More dough in the breadmaker ready to be shaped into a loaf.  So that was our weekend.  This time change has me all messed up.  I am ready for bed!  I pray each of you had a wonderful weekend.

No comments: