Friday, February 22, 2013

Homemade Microwave Kettle Corn

One thing we always flock to at the fair is the kettle corn.  That stuff is OH so good.  I have seen all over the Internet people making their own microwave popcorn.  So that got me to thinking (scary I know!) I bet if I added sugar I could re-create the kettle corn we know and love!

It took some adjusting and trial and error but I think I finally got it.

Microwave Kettle Corn

1/4 cup popcorn
2 teaspoons oil
1 tablespoon sugar

Mix the popcorn with the oil and sugar.  It will look something like this:
Place the mixture into a brown paper bag (lunch bag).  Heat in the microwave for about 2-3 minutes depending on your microwave.  Remove the bag from the microwave carefully.  It will be hot and have oil leaking through.

Let it cool in the bag for a minute or two.  Open and Enjoy!!

No comments: