Saturday, January 12, 2013

My kind of Saturday

 
I absolutely love weekends where we have nothing planned.  We lounged around as a family just doing what we want.  We all slept in late this morning.  Sometimes it really feels good to sleep until mid-morning. 
 
There was laundry being done...
 
This task was a huge accomplishment for our daughter.  She has auditory processing disorder.  She has trouble with hearing a series of orders.  For example, if I told her to get her clothes, go downstairs and put them in the washer.  She would do just one of those tasks.  So we have been really working on this a lot.  I tend to write things down for her.  So today she was able to do a load of laundry B.Y.H.E.R.S.E.L.F!!  Everything was done right.  I am so proud of her.  She was just as proud of herself as well.
 
I decided to make some goodies today.  First up was 6-minute caramels.  These babies are done in the microwave and SO good.
 
I have to adjust the recipe a little and then I'll be doing a post about it.  They didn't set up enough for my liking.  As you can see it didn't stop my family from eating them.
 
Then I did up some dishes..
 
Now that the kitchen was clean I decided it was time to mess it up again.  I pulled out the stand mixer for some great pizza dough.  The Pioneer Woman's recipe is the best I've found!!
 
 
We had a simple white pizza topped with olive oil, garlic and cheese.  This was so good.  While visiting a friend this past week she made this.  So simple, yet OH so good.  This is now one of our favorites.
 
 
I just took some cinnamon rolls out of the oven.  These will be our breakfast before church tomorrow.  Now it's time to relax and watch some Sherlock Holmes with hubby. 
 
How was your Saturday?
 
Ecclesiastes 9:7
"Go, eat your bread with joy, and drink your wine with a merry heart, for God has already accepted your works."
 

2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! Go Hannah! Little homemaker!:)

Sandra said...

So awesome for Hannah :)

You Saturday sounds like mine, just us together doing whatever we please.

Hope you all have a great Sunday :)