Monday, January 14, 2013

Happy Homemaker Monday

 
The Weather...
is back to normal.  Yesterday we were close to 70! Today back into the low 30's.
 
Right now I am...
thinking about the tasks ahead of me.  We are moving a couple of rooms around. 
 
Thinking...
about the tasks of the day. 
 
On my reading pile...
Bible~I'm starting Ecclesiastes this week.
"A Quilt for Jenna" (review book)
 
On my TV...
Documentary about FDR.  Part of the kids history class.
 
Favorite blog post this week...
A friend of mine shows you how to make Goat's Milk Soap.  She sent me some and let me tell you it smells SO good.
 
Something fun to share...
When it comes to planning the menu we have made it a family activity.  Each family member picks a recipe or two for our menu.  I almost have a month worth of suppers planned out.
 
On the menu for this week...
Monday~Taco Casserole
Tuesday~ Chicken Curry over Rice
Wednesday~ Black Olive and Mushroom Penne
Thursday~Cheesy Chicken Spaghetti
 
On my to do list..
Cleaning out the "storage/collect all room"
Laundry
Go through homeschool books
 
What I am creating...
Organized rooms
 
Homemaking tip...
Being organized is the key to a clean home.  I'm working toward that one!
 
Looking around the house...
I see not too much in the way of messes from the weekend.
 
From the camera...
 
 
On my prayer list...
Our Church
Foster Care situation...we are STILL waiting for our final homestudy to be approved.
Family members
 
Bible verse...
Romans 8:28
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose."
 
Come on over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom to join in.


2 comments:

Farmlife Chick said...

Thank you for the mention. I'm so glad you liked the soap! I love your meal planning idea! I am hoping to do it as well!!

Sandra said...

Love goat's milk soap, I'll have to check out your link :)

I also have my family help with the menu plan, even though they tend to ask for the same things over and over lol

Hope you have a great week Jen :)