Saturday, November 17, 2012

Pumpernickel Bread

 
This particular loaf I made in the bread maker.  I love that I can throw the ingredients into it and away I go with my day.  In a few hours I have a nice loaf of bread.  I have also made just the dough in the bread maker then finished in the oven.  Either way this bread is the BEST!
 
Pumpernickel Bread
 
1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons warm water
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/3 cup molasses
2 tablespoons oil
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon rye flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoon whole wheat flour
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
3 tablespoons cocoa
1 1/2 teaspoon instant coffee
1 tablespoon caraway seeds
1 teaspoon yeast
 
Place the ingredients in your bread maker according to manufacturer's directions.  Set to Whole Wheat setting with a light crust.
 
ENJOY!!!
 
 

No comments: