Saturday, September 8, 2012

Foster Care~~~Two Weeks

When my husband and I started talking about foster care we had no idea the trip we were about to take.  When we first started talking about it there was still so much that needed to be worked out.  Our house was pretty small and would not be approved for a foster home.   Adoption has always been something that is near and dear to me.  My mother was adopted.  Through starting a homeschool group we met an amazing couple who did foster care.  I could feel the Lord probing me to look into it further.   We started coming up with excuses to why we couldn't follow God's leading.  One by one He showed us to just T.R.U.S.T in Him. 
 
Excuses....
Our house was too small
We are not equipped to be foster parents
Our vehicle isn't big enough for more children
We cannot take the necessary classes because my husband works second shift.
 
One by one God checked off our excuses.  It didn't happen over night obviously.  But our faith has grown by leaps and bounds through this whole process.  It is one year since we moved into our house.  We started the process of foster care in April 2011 with an intake interview.  The classes had already started so we had to wait until fall to take them.  We knew that this was God's leading so we went a head and requested the paperwork.  Well this Tuesday September 11 we will turn in our paperwork!!!  We begin our training on September 18.  It seems like we have been talking about this forever!!  But God had things to work on with us before we could start on this road.
 
 
This song by Mark Schultz is one that I listen to often while I pray for those children who will be coming into our lives.  Not all of them will be staying forever.  We know God has a plan for each and everyone.  We are excited to be a part of His plan.
 
 
Steven Curtis Chapman has been a great spokesman for adoption.  I really love this song.  This is another one I listen to daily while praying for our future children
 
 
 


No comments: