Thursday, June 21, 2012

IXL~Math~TOS Review

IXL.com is a great online website for your students (Grades Pre-K through Algebra) to get in some extra math practice.  As a member of TOS Homeschool Crew we were given a subscription for up to 3 children.

IXL.com is easily adaptable to use with any math curriculum.  This curriculum is so easy to use, anyone can use this website.  All it takes is a few minutes to get it set up and away you go.  One of my favorites is that it's a website, so there is nothing to install.  Not only will children learn math facts, they will learn how fun it can be.

As my children worked their way through the lessons they earned virtual awards.  We loved the charts, the kids could actually see their progress.  Math is all about practice, practice, practice.  Math is one area my kids will kick and scream about.  Especially if they think it will take a lot of time.  That is what I've loved about IXL.com.  They can work as long or as little as they want. 

Once a week I would get progress reports on how my kids are doing.  It also has been very helpful in planning for next year.  I can see where the kids need more work and those areas they are doing very well in.

There is nothing shameful about your children needing more practice in math.  It took me many years to stop questioning myself and my ability to educate our children at home.  Every child learns at a different pace.  IXL.com definitely gave our kids the confidence they need to succeed at math.  Math is no longer a bad word in our house.  Our children really struggle with math.  IXL.com has really come to the rescue for our family.  Our children enjoy the bright colors, easy operation and fun they have in practicing math.

To sign up you can go HERE and visit their website.


Disclaimer~As a member of TOS Homeschool Review Crew we were given a family subscription free in exchange for our honest review.  All opinions are those of myself or my children.

1 comment:

Audra Silva said...

Now that looks neat. I've just joined the TOS Review Crew. Looking forward to reviewing for them. :)