Wednesday, May 30, 2012

New Look for The Old Schoolhouse Magazine

The Old Schoolhouse Magazine has gone digital!  Ok I'm a little behind the times.  The magazine went digital a few months ago.  I have to admit, I was not happy about this when I heard.  Every quarter I really looked forward to that wonderful magazine in my mailbox.  Grabbing a cup of coffee to curl up on the couch to read through it.



I never (I mean ever) thought I would want to read this magazine any other way.  Until now!













I can still curl up on the couch with my Kindle Fire to read the magazine.  Although I'm a bit more careful when it comes to drinking my coffee around it.  The colors are SO vibrant and beautiful. 












The magazines are available every month now.  When they were in print they were sent 4 times a year.  Now they are sent monthly!  How great is that.  No more waiting for the next quarter. 












One of the features I really like is that there are a ton of links throughout the magazine.  Starting at the table of contents.  You find the article you want to read and just tap it....












And away you go.  Right to the article you want to read.  So convenient and easy.












There are videos throughout the magazine as well.  As long as you have Internet access you can watch the videos with no problems.  You will also find Internet links all over.  I don't know about you...but so many times I'm reading through the magazine and say "I really have to go visit that website."  Then when I have time to go to the website...I have forgotten where or even what it was!!  So frustrating.   Now it's right there for me at anytime.

Another advantage to digital magazines and books....it is much easier to move a small lightweight Kindle than it is to move a whole room full of books.  (smile)

If you have been wanting to read a great homeschooling magazine.  The Old Schoolhouse is one you really must check out.  I have been reading this magazine since we began homeschooling 6 years ago.  It's the longest we have subscribed to any one magazine ever. 

2 comments:

Sandra said...

That sounds like a great magazine Jen. I'll have to look into it :)

Katie B. of HousewifeHowTos.com said...

Oh, that is such a wonderful magazine. Back when we homeschooled, I looked forward to its arrival in the mail, too! How great that you can read it on your Kindle Fire now. Just think: no more magazines cluttering up the family room!