Monday, April 2, 2012

Happy Homemaker Monday


The Weather...
Back to spring-like.  Very cold evenings and 50 during the day.

On My Reading Pile...
The Confident Heart by Renee Swope

On My TV...
Army Wives Season 2

On the menu for this week...
Honey Mustard Chicken
Pork Chops
Hamburgers
Lemon Pepper Chicken

On my to do list...
Clean the house.  I've been so sick for about a week now.  The house looks like it.

What I want to create...
Camera Bag

In Homeschooling...
Starting to prepare for the end of the year.

Looking around the house...
So much to do.  I'm trying not to become over whelmed by it.  Just taking it one room at a time.

From the Camera...
Our pets put up with SO much from our children.  Andrew put this hat on Caspian.  LOL!

Something fun to share...
My husband and I have been praying about something HUGE!  We are sure it is the Lord's will for our family.  We are going to become Foster Parents.  We hope to adopt eventually through the foster care system as well one day.  But for now we plan to be a light to hurting children.  We have our first home visit next week. 

On my prayer list...
Family
Military Families

Bible Verse, Devotional...
Psalm 86:11
"Teach me Your way, O Lord;
I will walk in Your truth;
Unite my heart to fear Your name."

To see what other Happy Homemakers are saying stop by Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Sorry you've been so sick for the past week, I sure hope you're well on your way to recovery.

Wow, foster parents, that IS huge. Sending prayers your way, hope it all works out :)

Hugs,
Sandra

Julie said...

Great job becoming foster parents. There are too many hurting kids out there!