Friday, August 12, 2011

Summer Camp...

Last week Andrew went to Summer Sampler at the Genesee Country Village and Museum.  His program was called "School of the Soldier".  He was able to learn how a soldier in the Civil War lived during the war.  On the first day they had to dance with the girls in the program called "Civilian Life in Time of War".   The first thing he said to me when I picked him up on the first day was, "Dancing was NOT in the brochure!" LOL!  It cracked me up.  You can click on the picture to see a larger one of Andrew...he is at the end of the line with his hands on his head. 

They were able to participate in "battles" every day.  He SO enjoyed this camp that he is already talking about next year.  Each year they participate they are able to move up the ranks.  It was so hot last week his little face was all red.  But when i asked him if he was drinking enough water he gave me the look....you Mom's know it...the don't talk to me when I'm with my friends look.  :-)


On Friday we went to see what they had learned.  Unfortunately Andrew was one of the casualties.  It cracked me up because my Mom brought my nephews and niece.  My niece Emma was horrified when she saw Andrew fall during the battle.  Poor girl...she was screaming his name holding her hands over her mouth...LOL!  Until he looked at her and said, "I'm ok Emma I'm just pretending."  Then she was all better.

They marched through the village going from battle to battle.  They learned how to set up camp.  This was a great experience for him.

I have more pictures I'll add when blogger isn't giving me so much trouble.  Next week is Hannah's turn to attend the day camp at the museum.  She gets to learn what it would of been like as a pioneer.

No comments: