Monday, August 8, 2011

Happy Homemaker Monday


Weather in my neck of the woods...
77 degrees but very humid.

Things that make me happy...
seeing Spiritual growth in my whole family.  Including me.

Book I'm reading...
Bible
Ministry Is... (school book)
Biology (school book)
52 Ways to WOW Your Husband

What I'm enjoying on TV...
Waltons
Little House on the Prairie...I never get tired of these shows.

On the menu for dinner...
Sandwiches

On my To Do List...
Laundry
Lesson plans

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon...

In the craft basket...
Bookmarks for our ladies Bible study.

Looking forward to this week...
Going to camp...found out my brother, his wife Heather and their kids, my sister and her husband with their daughter will all be at camp this weekend!  YEA! 

Tips and Tricks...
Simmer lemon peels on the stove with a little water for a nice refreshing scent.

My favorite blog post this week...
Nothing really

New discovered blog...
My husband has started a blog.  Go on over and check it out. 

Favorite picture...

We got a dog today.  His name is Charlie.  He is such a sweet little guy.  Not sure what breed he his but they said part shih tzu at least his lower half.  I think he looks like a miniature Benji!  He knows how to sit and will go to the door if we ask him if he needs to go potty.  LOL!

Lesson learned the past few days...
People do not always think before they speak.  Especially on Facebook.  I'm starting to think I want nothing to do with that anymore!  It's almost like people being aggressive behind the wheel of the car, on Facebook people take on different personalities....not many are good ones either.

Sandra had the right idea of just completely unplugging from all this for a while.  Although I can't do that, because of review items, I most certainly can limit my time on Facebook.

On my mind...
Homeschooling

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Psalm 31:1-2
"In You, O Lord, I put my trust;
Let me never be ashamed;
Deliver me in Your righteousness.
Bow down Your ear to me,
Deliver me speedily;
Be my rock of refuge,
A fortress of defense to save me.

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: