Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Lazy Days of Summer....

I have not forgotten about my blog.  But when it comes to summer I try to stay off the computer as much as possible.  The weather has been perfect here!!  Mid 70's and low 80's most of the week, with a lot of sunshine.  That is just perfect weather to sit outside sipping iced tea.  Today my family woke me up at the crack of 9ish...LOL! They wanted to head to our favorite living history museum.


This is the Pioneer Cabin.  This is probably what you would think of with Laura Ingalls Wilder's books.  This cabin was actually built in 1809.  The museum interprets it as 1820's with open hearth cooking.  This is one of my favorite buildings in the village.  We take so much for granted in 2011.  We have everything we need everywhere we turn.  When the family settled here they had to cut the trees down just to build their house.

The farmer's wife in the pioneer cabin.


Who can forget the museum's oxen?! Tom and Mike are their names.  They are such amazing creatures.  The pioneer would of used them for all kinds of things.  Plowing, pulling their wagon, moving the logs from the forest to build their cabin.  We love to just sit and watch them.

So as you can see I have not forgotten about my little blog.  I've just been enjoying the time with my family.  I love days with no plans, we just do what we want.  Living next to this museum is such a blessing!  Next week I'll feature another of the village homes.


Remember to take time each day to stop and smell the flowers.  Life goes by way to fast to be rushing around all the time.  Enjoy your family!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-2
"To everything there is a season,

      A time for every purpose under heaven:
        A time to be born,
And a time to die;
      A time to plant,
And a time to pluck what is planted;"

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Yep you really are lucky to live near that museum, it seems like my kind of place :)

Glad you're having a wonderful time with your family.

Hugs,
Sandra