Wednesday, June 1, 2011

31 Days of Prayer for my Husband~~Day 1


So many times we remember so and so in prayer, or praying for a particular problem we have.  But how often do we stop and actually pray with passion for our husbands?  For most of us our husbands are out there being bombarded with all kinds of things in the world.  The stress they have are a lot to deal with on a daily basis.  I am SO blessed to have a husband who works very hard so I may stay home with the children.  Not only that but stay home and be the wife he deserves.  I may not always act like I should about being a wife.  I let the selfish me get in the way.  So when Sandra over at Diary of a SAHM said she was going to do this, I was thrilled!  I have also written these down in a journal so I can continue on with this the whole year.

Day 1
Pray that Matthew will grow spiritually and consider his accountability before the Lord. Pray that he will guard his heart by developing spiritual disciplines—Bible reading and study, prayer, meditation, scripture memorization, etc. (2 Peter 3:18; Prov. 4:23)
 
2 Peter 3:18 (NKJV)
"but grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ."
 
Proverbs 4:23 (NKJV)
"Keep your heart with all diligence, For out of it spring the issues of life."
 
I love this man!!  Not only is he the head of our home but the spiritual leader of it as well.

 

1 comment:

Sandra said...

You can feel the love for you husband in this post :)

Thank you for joining in Jen :)