Monday, May 30, 2011

Weekend Tidbits...

What started out as a trip we all looked forward to was anything but.  I'll write about that when I'm able to.  Anyway our weekend turned out great!!  We got back Sunday with heavy hearts.  But we quickly realized that this was not how God wanted us to react or be.  God is in control of every moment!

Sunday we got the potatoes planted! YEA!!  We also planted 12 tomato plants...might get more later.  You can never have enough tomatoes.  By the time we were done with this it was pretty late.  I was physically and mentally exhausted.  We told ourselves...tomorrow was a new day.

We headed off to the Genesee Country Village and Museum...our favorite place as many of my readers know!

Spinning Wheel and yarn winder.  Reminders of days gone bye.  Simpler days.


We stopped in to see the newly remodeled Hosmer Inn.  The upstairs is now open for you to visit and see how travelers would of spent their time there.  Our "host" was very knowledgable and interacted great with the "guests". 

We visited with "Mrs. Jones" making the noon day meal of bean soup.  My favorite places within the village are the working kitchens.  We always stop in these houses.

We stopped in to the Livingston Backus kitchen and there we were able to sample asparagus soup...YUM!  She showed us the Chive Blossom Vinegar.  Oh my did this smell good.  So Hannah and I came home and made some up for ourselves.  I'll be posting about that tomorrow.

We completed our day with a yummy supper made by our oldest daughter.  She made Pork Chops with apples and potatoes in the crockpot.  Let me tell you this was SO good.  Andrew and I made pies in jars to round our our meal.  SO good.  What a great ending to the weekend.


These are so good.  Made with 4 oz. canning jars.

No comments: