Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cooking Thursday~~Black Beans and Rice with Turkey


We love turkey, beans and rice.  So this was a perfect recipe for us!  I make this today for our lunch.  I followed the recipe a little.  But most of my cooking is using the recipe as a springboard. 

Black Beans and Rice with Ground Turkey
  • 1 onion, chopped
  • fresh garlic 2 cloves, minced
  • 1 pound of ground turkey
  • 1 1/2 - 2 cups black beans, drained
  • 2 (8-oz) cans tomato sauce
  •  2 cans of water
  • Chili powder to taste (I use 1 Tablespoon)
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 cup of rice
Saute onion until tender in olive oil. Add garlic and ground turkey saute a minute more. Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.  Add rice and cook until rice is tender. Good with fresh tortillas on the side.

To see other wonderful recipes go on over to Diary of a SAHM.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh now that is something I would LOVE, yum. Bookmarking.