Monday, November 15, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods...
In the mid 50's.  We have had very cold mornings but it warms up nicely.

Things that make me happy...
discussing things of the Bible with my husband.


 What I'm enjoying on TV...
we are going through a TV purge.  We had no TV at all yesterday and very limited today.


Book I'm reading...
Bible
Pause for Power (review)
The 60 minute money workout (review)

 On the menu for dinner...
we went on a field trip today to Pizzeria Uno and made our own pizzas!  
Supper tonight is turkey catchall soup~~just chicken broth, veggies and left over turkey.  I also throw in anything else I feel like.


 On my To Do List...
Go through my magazine pile!  I'm planning on giving away many cooking magazines.  I'm keeping all my TOS magazines!


 New Recipe I tried ...

Chocolate Chip Pie

In the craft basket...
homemade napkins
I want to make a Bible cover.  Does anyone have an easy pattern...I'm sewing pattern challenged.  I need to find someone to give me lessons.  My daughter really wants to learn how to sew.  I know the basics, but would love to make some jumpers for us.

Looking forward to this week...
growing closer to Christ!!  I've come to realize that I get complacent in my Christian walk.  That is the main reason for the TV purge!  So much in my life takes up time.  Everyone can find time to spend with God IF you give up on earthly things.


Tips and Tricks...
Many hands make light work!  Involve your children in daily tasks from an early age.  That way it becomes habit.  I sadly did not do this and have had (and still) to work very hard at changing this.


My favorite blog post this week...
I have a blog post I want to post and might after this one.  It's about my visit to the museum to make 19th century crafts.  You'll be very proud of me....I remember to take a lot of pictures!!
Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers)... 
I found this blog last week and really can not get enough of it.  She is a Mennonite woman, with a wonderful blog!  Go on over and check out Home Joys.


No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share)...

Lesson learned the past few days...
garbage in garbage out.  If we fill our minds with nonsense, that is just what we will produce outward.  I want my life to be filled with the glory of Jesus Christ!!


On my mind...
Upcoming holidays


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses...
Romans 12:2 (NKJV)
"And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: