Monday, September 13, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods:
Autumn like!!!  The leaves are starting to change.  I love fall in NY!

Things that make me happy:
fresh picked apples

Book I'm reading:
Bible~~Reading through in 4 months!  I'm doing very well and the blessings are HUGE!

What I'm enjoying on TV:
I'm watching an old Martha Stewart show...she is showing how to make a clothes pin bag.  So cute.

On the menu for dinner:
We had spaghetti and meatballs.  Our "Supper" meal is at noon so we can eat as a family.  The kids and I have a lunch type meal later.

On my To Do List:
Make my Christmas craft list.  With my new planner I'm putting in a crafting section.  The planner already had a craft planning form.  I'm putting in websites I found on my blog hopping and surfing.

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Saltine Candy~~aka Sweet and Saltines I got this from Sandra's food blog.  OH MY these are SO good!
In the craft basket:
starting to clean out the dust bunnies.  I'm making my list of "to do's" for Christmas.
Looking forward to this week:
The start of our kids club at church.

Tips and Tricks:
It is better to organize one room at a time.  This way you do not feel so overwhelmed.

My favorite blog post this week:
Well it's not done yet, but it's the one about my son's adventure with 1800's baseball this weekend.  See picture below.

Blog Hopping (a new discovered blog you would like to share with the readers):
I did not get to many blogs this week let alone new ones.

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share): 
He was the "roustabout" or what we call a bat boy for the first game.  The next game he did the scoreboard.  He loved this.  I'll do the post later today.


Lesson learned the past few days:
Reading through the Bible is not as difficult as I once believed.  I have started this many times but always fizzle out a few books in.    Even reading through the books of Law hasn't been that bad for me.  It has made me realized that God doesn't ask that much of me.  Not like what was required of those back in the Bible!!

On my mind:
friends and family
military families
church

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Jeremiah 29:13
"And you will seek Me and find Me, you search for Me with all your heart."

To see other Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

No comments: