Saturday, July 3, 2010

War of 1812

This has been one busy week!!  I am sorry for the lack of posts.  We are finally back into our house...so as you can imagine there is SO much to do!!  Last weekend we went to the War of 1812 weekend at the Genesee Country Village and Museum.  Although we were a bit disappointed about the lack of war related things, my daughter's and I were THRILLED with the Jane Austen era things!! 

Camp

More of the camp.  I think this is where they would of cooked the meals.


MacKay House


Hat maker...the girls loved the blue hat.




Hannah loved the hat!!

Now for the Jane Austen clothing.  They had a fashion show...I could of sat there for hours!!  I love the dresses.


This was one of my favorites.


Cute!!

Well that was just a few from the fashion show.  I could go on forever!!  Why did we ever stop dressing nice?  So many people I see have everything hanging out!  *sigh*  Oh well it's a sign of the times I guess.


Jones Farm...she is holding a round of cheese that they made.  That is one class I really want to take...I always miss out.  When my father in law worked there he would bring home some of that cheese at the end of the season.  BOY does that make the best mac and cheese.


The farmer's wife asked Andrew to go out and feed the chickens...he was thrilled!!


Hello girls! I LOVE chickens.

Now onto the baseball park...we are still at the Genesee Country Village and Museum.

This is where I'll be spending some time...Andrew is going to be a bat boy!!  Since he is not old enough yet to volunteer on his own...I have to stay with him.  I have my books all picked out that I want to read....AHHH 2 full hours of reading! OH the joy.  OK back to the baseball.


They play by different rules than we know today.  It's very interesting!  Once you understand what they are talking about.  I plan on doing a post about the rules...once I learn them...LOL!

The umpire..does not call balls and strikes.  He will only say something if he thinks the player is stalling the game for some reason.  The players are great and bring you, the spectator into the game.

We also were blessed with watching a couple of friends dance in a Jane Austen era dance.  I'll do a post about that later also.  A lot of pictures.

There will be much more about this at a later date!

No comments: