Saturday, July 24, 2010

My Birthday Blessings

My husband has spoiled me this year with birthday blessings!!  We usually do not have the money for gifts but last year we decided to save up through the year for gifts.  Our birthdays are exactly 1 week apart.  Hubby's is the 19th and mine is the 26th.  Until this year we always went out to supper to celebrate.  So now for what he got me....

A pressure cooker!  I've been wanting one of these for a long time.  This is the Nesco 3 in 1.  It is not only a pressure cooker, but it is a slow cooker and steamer!  WOW!  I can get rid of my slow cooker and replace it with this....maybe having 2 would be great!

NEXT....



He also got me 6 of the Homestead Blessings DVD!!  OH my how I've wanted these for so long.  I'm watching The Art of Canning as I write this post. 

The other ones he got me are:









Everyone I know will be getting things I make this year for Christmas!!  I love the handwritten note that was enclosed by the West lady who packaged the DVD's.  Such a personal touch!

3 comments:

~Kris said...

What a lovely birthday surprise! and that's a big plus on the pressure cooker, if it can replace another kitchen gadget as well!

It's funny about you and your husbands birthday, my husband and i are like that too! 6 days apart in age, 1 week if it's a leap year (we span over end of February, beginning of March).

Alicia K said...

What great birthday gifts!! I received a pressure cooker a few years ago from my sister for my birthday. They are so wonderful to cook in!!

Braley Mama said...

Happy Birthday! Those dvd's look awesome! And the pressure cooker will be great too:O) What blessings!