Thursday, July 22, 2010

Cooking Thursday--Zucchini

Our garden has been spiting zucchini and summer squash at us like there is no tomorrow!!  It's a good thing that my family loves it.  I am NO good at creating recipes to be able to share.  I love just throwing stuff in a pan and creating that way.  The dish I made last night was a huge hit here...so I thought I'd try and share it with you.  I don't even have a name for it...maybe Parmesan Zucchini.  I DID remember to take pictures tho....doesn't that count for something??


Now for the recipe:

2 zucchini--cut into chunks
2 summer squash--cut into chunks
1 small onion diced
1 clove of garlic minced
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
fresh ground pepper to taste
1 pound of spaghetti cooked

Saute squash in butter with onion and garlic until tender.  Add milk and cheese to make a cream sauce.  Add over cooked spaghetti.

Like I mentioned...these measurements are not exact.  I just use the little bit of this method...LOL!
  I never cook with salt, so you can add some of this as well....the Parmesan cheese is salty by itself.
If you have any questions please let me know...I'll try and answer them!  ENJOY!  My family loved this.

To see other recipes for Cooking Thursday go on over to Diary of a SAHM.


3 comments:

Braley Mama said...

that looks delish! Nice work mama!

Rodna Allman said...

OOH, I am going to try this. I just bought some Zucchini and squash!

Sandra said...

That looks SO good, yum.