Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pondering Home PT 2

I posted a few days ago about pondering home.  I posted the Beatitudes For Homemakers by Ella May Miller and said I was going to post my thoughts about each section.  I was a bit ambitious in saying I'd do it daily...LOL!  I'll do it weekly hopefully on Saturdays.

Blessed is she whose daily tasks are a work of love; for her willing hands
and happy heart transform duty into joyous service to all her family and God.

Until recently I looked at my daily tasks as something dreadful!  Something I just did not want to do.  But I realize now that everything I do needs to glorify God.  If I am complaining and grouchy each time I have to complete a task or do something I just don't want to do I need to stop and thank God for the healthy hands for which I will complete my tasks.  Also, thank Him for my healthy family for whom I am caring for.

I can not train my daughters to be keepers at home if I myself and not keeping home with a joyous heart.  Once we are back home I'm going to work very hard at being joyous in my daily chores.

Psalm 35:9
 And my soul shall be joyful in the LORD; It shall rejoice in His salvation.

2 comments:

Housewife Eclectic said...

Thanks for the follow, I am returning it now!
Debra- http://www.housewifeeclectic.com

Wendy said...

Very good admonitions, and I especially liked the part where it said, "for her willing hands and happy heart transform duty into joyous service to all her family and God."
Thanks,
Wendy
Faith's Firm Foundation
www.wendygunn.net