Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Chronological Guide to the Bible---Book Review


When I received the Chronological Guide to the Bible for review from Thomas Nelson Publishers I was very excited.  I've always been interested in when in history events from the Bible took place.  I am a visual learner, so having this book has really helped me with my studies.  I enjoyed the time lines that show the progression through out history.  It has helped me see how different events follow another.

This book is broken down into 9 different time periods or epochs.  It is so much easier for me to read something and know when exactly it happens.  I also like the different "extras" through out the book, maps, time capsules, outlines and the chronological reading guide for each Epoch (time period). 

The book can be used with any version of the Bible you have.  There are pictures through out the book showing different artifacts that have been located.  I enjoy seeing these items and being able to go into scripture to see where they might have used them.  It is not to replace your Bible...it is to be used as a tool as you study the scripture and learn what God has for your life.

This book was provided to me by Thomas Nelson Publishers for review.

No comments: