Monday, January 4, 2010

Review for Molly's Money Saving Digest...January

I was SO excited when I was chosen as a reviewer for this digest. One thing my husband and I said we wanted to accomplish in the new year was to save money and become more organized.

For anyone who is not familiar with this let me tell you a little about it. This is published by The Old Schoolhouse Magazine which is mainly a homeschooling magazine but is a wonderful homemaking tool. This is their second year (i believe) of publishing. Last year we just could not afford to purchase these. But after reading through this first issue I know now that you can not afford NOT to get these. They are so well written that you will have your home organized in no time.

The special feature of January is: Evaluate, Prioritize, Organize. This is the perfect time of the year to get all this done.

Also, each issue is packed full of recipes and ways of cutting costs. Food is where we spend the most of our budget. I admit we have become slaves to the "convience foods." Not only are they not good for you, but they are so much more expensive than making the stuff your self. In this issue they took you step by step on how to make a pie crust. I have been very afraid of making pies because of the dough. Not anymore...I made a pie and it turned out great!! It was so simple. I did it in the food processor, if you do not have one then by hand is just as easy.

Also, there are sections on decorating your home on a budget. Ways of putting Scripture in your home by displaying them. I plan on doing this very soon. I will post pictures when I have them done.

The Kids Corner is wonderful also! It has directions on how to make a piggy bank for your children. Teaching your children the art of saving money is a skill they need to learn. Not only can you teach them the art of saving but what the Bible says about money and how to tithe.

PLEASE check out Molly's Money Saving digest it is $4.95! Make this year your most money saving by letting Molly help you. This month there is a bundle on sale for $9.95 you not only get the digest you get the all the organization articles from 2009! You can also visit the Econobuster blog for a ton of money saving tips. Make this year your most organized.

I get no compensation for reviewing these digests they were provided to me free for review.

No comments: