Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Gratituesday...God's Word


I have been going through some down times here lately. Not really sure why...maybe just the winter blues. I had lost all desire to teach my children, do my housework, pretty much do anything!
I started really devouring the Word of God. Mainly in the Psalms. It is such a comfort to know that no matter what I'm going through the Bible always has the words to comfort me. Reading these words daily really helped "snap" me out of this cycle. Along with being in prayer a lot.

Our curriculum this year for home school is The Prairie Primer, and I've done a lot of research on Laura Ingalls Wilder. She was a very godly woman, as were many people in her days. I came across a website that has so much information on her. One that I really enjoy is her list of scripture that she had tucked in her Bible.

What are you grateful for this week? To see more gratituesday posts visit Heavenly Homemakers to see the list.

1 comment:

Cindy Loven said...

Jen you won!!! Come see!!

Cindy