Thursday, January 21, 2010

Cooking Thursday...Taco Salad

This is a salad I got from my Mom. Just because it is a salad do not think its healthy..LOL! It can be if you use the healthier stuff.



TACO SALAD


1 pound ground beef cooked and drained
1 packet of taco seasoning...or make your own (add while your cooking the beef)
1 bag of lettuce
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 bottle of Thousand Island Dressing
1 bag of Doritos crushed up


Mix the lettuce and the ground beef in a large bowl. Add the cheddar cheese and the dressing. Put the crushed doritos on just before serving. ENJOY!


This is a most requested recipe from our church. My family loves this recipe as well. For more recipes visit Diary of a SAHM.

5 comments:

Mari said...

I haven't made Taco salad in such a long time. This looks so good! Thanks!

Unknown said...

What a coincidence, we are having tacos tonight! This sounds delicious, I'll have to give it a try.

annies home said...

this is one thing that you can always find on the monthly menu

Sandra said...

I'm with Mari, it's been so long since I've made Taco Salad, I need to make it again ;)

Renee said...

I'm a tad bit late getting around to everyone from last week. This looks great! Thanks for sharing and stopping by.

Renee'