Monday, September 21, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather in my neck of the woods: very autumn like. Cool mornings with mild daytime temperatures.

One of my simple pleasures: watching the leaves change colors.

On my bedside table:Bible, Love and Respect

On my TV: my son is watching a recap from all the football games yesterday.

On the menu for tonight: spaghetti and meat sauce

On my To Do List: laundry, straighten up the kitchen, finish Bible study for tonight.

New Recipe I tried last week: did not try one

In the craft basket: I'm making the new welcome packets for church.

Looking forward to: finding out if hubby gets the promotion at work.

Homemaking Tip for this week: involve your children in daily housework.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): did not read many blogs

Favorite photo from last week: I did not upload any pictures this week.

Lesson learned the past few days: just when you think you have settled into a routine, God has other plans. My Husband has learned that he is up for a promotion at work. He would be a supervisor....BUT he would have to switch to second shift (3pm till 11pm). These hours will actually work better for our family. He is still going to school and it will give him more time to study. He can do his school work while the kids are doing theirs.

On my Prayer List: family, husband's job, services men and women.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: 1 Chronicles 16:27 "Honor and majesty are before Him; strength and gladness are in His place."
To see more Happy Homemaker posts visit Diary of a SAHM.

6 comments:

Jodi said...

I like to see all the colors of fall too!

Anonymous said...

We will pray aabout the promotion.

Kari said...

Oh please send some cool weather over here!!
I love fall in the US - everything just looks so pretty.
I'm praying with you for your husband and your family and so true about involving the kids with the housework.
Great HHM.
Have a happy Monday and a great week.

Keeper of the Home said...

Prayers going out for GOD'S will concerning your husband's promotion.

~Mrs. M

Amy said...

I too love to see the fall colors spring into all their glory.

Good luck to your husband on the promotion!

Kari said...

Hi Jen, it's Kari again. You asked about the plate of food - in Thai they call the dish "Larb Moo". Moo is pork and it is spicy - very spicy and oh so yummy. I haven't learnt how to make it yet but I'm planning too.