Thursday, June 4, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

I got this recipe from the Taste of Home website a while ago. I have made it at our camper, although I do not have a broiler there, I start them out on the grill. They were SO good. Enjoy.

To see other slow cooking Thursday posts visit Sandra's blog Diary of a SAHM. Picture is from the taste of home website. I keep forgetting to grab my camera when I head into the kitchen.

Saucy Chicken Thighs
9 bone-in chicken thighs (about 3-1/4 pounds)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1-1/2 cups barbecue sauce
1/2 cup honey
2 teaspoons prepared mustard
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1/8 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce

Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan. Broil 4-5 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned.

Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker.

In a small bowl, combine the barbecue sauce, honey, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and pepper sauce. Pour over chicken; stir to coat. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until heated through. Yield: 9 servings.

3 comments:

Blessed Beyond said...

This sounds really yummy! Thank you for sharing.
Hugs and Blessings,

Lori said...

Jen, that looks REALLY good...especially with the honey and barbecue sauce in it!!! :)

Michelle said...

Jen I love taste of home and this recipe looks so good thanks for sharing.