Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Gratituesday



I am so thankful that God sent His Son Jesus to die in my place. Had Jesus stayed in the tomb I would be responsible for my sin debts. Jesus conquered the tomb, which means I can also!! Those who believe are released from the death that sin brings and invited to spend eternity with my Heavenly Father. I get so excited every time I think about spending eternity with my Heavenly Father. I also get equally saddened by the fact that I know many of my family members will not share in that joy. They have not taken that step of faith to accept Christ as their Savior.

Easter is NOT chocolate bunnies and egg hunts. Many people do not even know the true meaning behind this holiday. It is up to us to tell others. In Matthew 28:19, Jesus commands us to go and tell everyone about him.

Matthew 28:19 (New King James Version)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

We as Christians are also expected to be able to answer those who ask us questions about our faith.

1 Peter 3:15 (New King James Version)
But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear;

We as Christians are to be sharing our faith with everyone we meet, at home, work, with friends, or while doing our hobbies. Are you celebrating Easter every day?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Beautiful post! Thank you.