Friday, March 6, 2009

Love Dare Days 13-18

DAY 13-Love fights fair

"If a house is divided against itself, that house will not be able to stand." Mark 3:25

The dare was to come up with a list of rules of engagement for fighting. My Husband and I rarely fight, we disagree on occasion but we do not let it get to a fighting point. Neither of us are confrontational people. We would rather sit down and talk it over after a period of cooling off.

DAY 14-Love takes delight

"Enjoy life with the wife you love all the days of your fleeting life." Ecclesiastes 9:9

The dare was to give up an activity we would normally do and spend quality time together. Usually in the evening Matt gets on the computer and I either read of watch some TV. Tonight we turned the TV off and talked. It was a time of great conversation. We reconnected as a couple in conversation.

DAY 15-Love is honorable

"Live with your wives in an understanding way...and show her honor as a fellow heir of the grace of life." 1 Peter 3:7

The dare today was to show honor and respect to each other that is above our normal routine. I decided to praise him more. Not only in public but in our home in front of the children. I can see a change in the way he holds his head up. I tell him how much I appreciate him everyday. I'm working on getting up with him in the morning. But I've been having trouble sleeping at night. I sometimes am awake until 3 am, and he is up at 4:30. I've been praying for the Lord to correct this for me. The sleep aid I've been taking has not helped me at all. I would love to spend this time with my Husband before he goes to work.

DAY 16-Love intercedes

"Beloved, I pray that in all respects you may prosper and be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 2

The dare today was to pray for our spouse's heart. Specifically 3 areas where I desire for God to work in his life and our marriage. I did not really agree with this. It is not really up to me to pick the areas for God to fix. I pray for my Husband everyday, for his whole body. I just finished up the 31 days of prayer for my Husband and he could sense a difference in things at work. Sometimes they were worse sometimes better.

DAY 17-Love promotes intimacy

"He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separates close friends." Proverbs 17:9

The dare today was again different for me to grasp. I know people do tell others what they discuss in their marriages. The dare was to guard my Husband's secrets and pray for them. Really listen to them when he shares personal thoughts and struggles. I really do listen to him when he talks to me. I would never think of telling someone else what we have talked about in private.

DAY 18-Love seeks to understand

"How blessed is the man who finds wisdom, and the man who gains understanding." Proverbs 3:13

The dare today was to prepare a special dinner at home for just the 2 of us. We are also to focus on getting to know each other better. It is not economical for us to make 2 meals. I am planning on preparing a special snack for us. Besides this isn't about the food, it is supposed to be about talking to each other. In the back of the book there are a list of questions to ask each other. I might suggest we go over this list again. We did it when we first got the book. It will be nice to see how or if our answers have changed.

This is a great study for couples to do. Although I do not agree with everything in the study I think it is a good one for couples.

No comments: