Tuesday, February 10, 2009

31 Days of prayer for my Husband Day 9

Day 9

Pray that your husband handle finances wisely, will have discernment concerning budgeting and investments, and will be a good steward of his money in regard to giving to the Lord’s work. Pray that money will not become a source of discord in your family. (Prov. 23:4-5; Rom. 12:13; Heb. 13:5)

Proverbs 23:4-5
Do not wear yourself out to get rich; have the wisdom to show restraint.
Cast but a glance at riches, and they are gone, for they will surely sprout wings and fly off to the sky like an eagle.

Romans 12:13 (New International Version)
Share with God's people who are in need. Practice hospitality.

Hebrews 13:5 (New International Version)
Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said,"Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you."

Stop by and visit Sandra at Diary of a SAHM.

*Side note: These prayers are a great way to start your day off. Yesterday at work the Lord protected him from a great injury. My Husband builds electrical bushings used in power stations they weigh about 150 to 200 pounds, they are made of porcelain. My Husband left his area to check on a part they needed. Just after he left this bushing fell out of its holder, if he were in his area at the time it would of hit him in the head. When he told me about this I was very emotional. I knew it was God who protected him.

1 comment:

Sandra said...

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad he's ok.

You are right, these prayers have really been helping us too, it's amazing what the power of prayer can do :)