Thursday, January 22, 2009

Slow Cooking Thursday

Since Sandra has me hooked on Curry anything. I thought this one would be good to share. Fruit, pork and curry how could you go wrong??

To read other slow cooking recipe posts visit Sandra our hostess with the mostess (I'm not sure that is even a word LOL) to see a list.

Apricot Curry Pork Chops

4-6 pork chops
¼ cup white wine (or white wine vinegar)
2 tsp crushed garlic
1 tbls or more curry powder
250ml apricot nectar (thick juice) found at larger grocery stores.
½ tsp mixed herbs (thyme -we have lemon thyme)

Optional
Vegetables - If you want a one pot meal put a selection of your favorite vegetables in first. Carrots, or green beans perhaps.

Mix the wine, garlic, curry powder and apricot nectar together. Put the meat in the Crock Pot. (Vegetable on bottom if using). Pour in Liquid. Put on Lid, turn on and walk away. On low cook for 8-10 hours OR on high 4-5.

An hour prior to serving, stir in the herbs. At this stage if the sauce is very runny just mix a tablespoon of corn flour with enough water to make a paste. Stir this into the Crock Pot and turn on high for half an hour.


2 comments:

Sandra said...

Ooooh that sounds good.

So I got you hooked on curry huh? LOL we love it too and as a matter of fact I'm making chicken curry tomorrow LOL

Leya said...

Sounds delicious! Another one that I will have to try.

My husband loved your Chicken with salsa and black beans. I've made it twice already. :D Thank you!

Happy cooking!