Monday, January 19, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY ...January 19, 2009

Outside my window...The sun is shining reflecting on the fresh layer of snow. The temperatures are supposed to reach the high 20's today! YEAH!!!

I am thinking...it feels great to be getting back to a normal schedule. I was able to do dishes yesterday! I never thought I'd be thankful for that!!

I am thankful for...the fact that the Steelers are going to the superbowl!!!!!!

From the learning rooms...we are finishing up our study of South America this week. We are preparing for the end of the year exams.

From the kitchen...fresh pot of coffee, homemade waffles, oranges. For supper we are having skillet lasagna, salad along with cupcakes for desert!

I am wearing...sweat pants, tshirt, and a sweater. I am SO excited to be able to wear these again.

I am creating...a normal schedule in our home.

I am going...no where today. Wednesday we will be going to Church, then no where until Sunday.

I am reading...through the Bible in a year with my Husband.

I am hoping...for continued healing

I am hearing...the children talking behind me about Church yesterday. It really does my heart good to hear them discussing the sermon yesterday!!

Around the house...the kitchen sparkles. The dining room and living room are also clean. They both need to be swept again though.

One of my favorite things...waking up early in the morning. I never used to be a morning person but since my surgery I've started to loving watching the sun come up. I appreciate much more in life.

A few plans for the rest of the week...schooling, more light cleaning, laundry, Church on Wednesday.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...I found our cats, Cookie (the black and white one and Caspian the grey one) cuddled up on the chair. It was adorable!!
To see other Simple Woman daybooks stop by and visit Peggy at the Simple Woman Daybook Blog.

12 comments:

Farrah said...

I'm so glad you are doing better! Hallelujah!

maryjack said...

Great blog...thanks for stopping by mine! I'm new to this.

Anonymous said...

What is a "normal" schedule?!?!?! LOL!

Enjoyed reading! :)

Sarah said...

Glad you're doing better and getting more done. I like your post about cheaper weddings...it's crazy how much people spend.

Have a blessed week.

Aisling said...

We're having lasagne for supper too!
In fact, I'd better go get moving with that soon.

Renee said...

Wonderful day book! So gld to hear you're recovering well. Take care!

Thia said...

Isn't it crazy when we're happy to be in the 20s?

Karen said...

Awwww....I just love the picture of your kitties. So sweet!

Karen

Sandra said...

So glad you're feeling better ;)

the voice of melody said...

Your dinner sounds so yummy! I love comfort food. :)

Simply Heart And Home said...

Jen,

You are so sweet to pay me a visit and comment to boot. I'm so glad you did as now I have found your lovely blog as well. Very nice to meet you and I look forward to getting to know you better.

Gina
www.simplyheartandhome.com

Shaz said...

It is great that you are recovering well and being able to get back to more of your regular routine. Cute pic of your kitties.