Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

We had a cookie baking day at our Church yesterday. I wasn't expecting to be there ALL day but you know how it is when women get together. We had 8 women baking. I was there from 9 am till 5 pm. But BOY do we have a lot of cookies for Christmas. Our Church is also having a musical on December 13 so many of the cookies were for that. But we each brought home bags and bags of cookies, candies, ect!!


For Today...

Outside my Window... It was cold and raining yesterday. Great for baking cookies.

I am thinking... I have so much to do before my surgery next Thursday.

I am thankful for... safety in traveling to see my Grandmother for Thanksgiving. We had a good time visiting with family.

From the Learning Room…we did nothing yesterday. But will be jumping in with both feet today to get caught up.

From the kitchen... cookies, cookies, did I say cookies? The children made gingerbread houses with a lady from our Church.

I am wearing... sweats and sweatshirt.

I am reading... 2 Peter for our inductive Bible study at Church. My Bible study has become so much more meaningful in these past few lessons.

I am praying... for my sister, on Thanksgiving she had another yelling "spell" and it was decided to send her to an assisted living facility about 1 hour from here. Although she doesn't even realise she is away from family we still miss her. This coming year she will probably be sent out near Albany to a facility. I know it is the best for her but we will probably never see her.

I am hearing... silence. The children are still asleep after all the fun they had yesterday.

Around the house... many things to do. I'm still trying to deep clean everything.

One of my favorite things... the smells of Christmas.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... cleaning the house, mid week Bible study, school, more cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... making the gingerbread houses. They did them all from the cutting out of dough to the baking and decorating. So much fun!

To see other Simple Woman daybooks stop by the Simple Woman.


No comments: