Monday, November 10, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window... it is snowing. Birds are chirping at the feeders.

I am thinking... I love being in Church. We had missionaries yesterday with us from Germany. It is always so interesting to me to talk with them. His message was so eye opening also, he said that we shouldn't get so caught up on "how many" people we bring to Christ. He used Andrew as an example, he was very quiet but what an impact he had. That one person you bring to Christ could be the one to bring hundreds.

I am thankful for... the freedom to homeschool in this country. In Germany it is against the law to homeschool.

From the Learning Room…we are starting our Thanksgiving unit, along with our normal studies of South America.

From the kitchen... more applesauce. We were given 3 bushel of apples. We have such a freezer full. It will be great in the winter to open a container and smell the wonderful apples. We also had many pumpkins given to us that we will be cooking up and freezing. We have been so blessed with wonderful farm friends who think of us often. I will be picking up many winter squash as well. So if anyone has some squash recipes please let me know. Also...does anyone know if you can freeze winter squash in chunks (after cooking it)?

I am wearing... sweats, sweatpants, socks and slippers. It is pretty chilly here this morning. But it feels good.

I am reading... Bible-Nahum, I will begin the book I won from the 160 Acre Woods blog Whispers in the Bayou. It looks like a really good book.

I am praying... for peace about my upcoming surgery on my back. I will be going into the hospital on December 11. I will only be in the hospital 1-2 days! Then I have to wear a brace for at least 3 months. My doctor is very confident that I will make a complete recovery and will be 100%. I'm also praying I listen to ALL the doctors orders and take it easy!

I am hearing... the kids talking behind me at the table while working on their Math assignments. I'm very happy because they picked up the books on their own! We technically do not start school for about an hour. They are also talking about playing store.

Around the house... many things to do in preparation of my surgery. I'm organizing things, we are going to work on some Christmas cookies to place in the freezer.

One of my favorite things... the smell of the cold morning air. Especially after snow, with the hint of wood burning in the air, then being able to step into a warm cozy home.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... finish the tasks for around the house. Get the children on a cleaning schedule to help the home run smooth while I am laid up.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... apple cider!! A few weeks ago we went on a field trip to learn how it was made. Best of all we were able to sample the cider!

To see other daybooks, visit The Simple Woman's Daybook blog to read more of them.

8 comments:

MrsMomma said...

Hope you have a wonderful week! I enjoyed reading your daybook. Thanks for stopping by.

Fishwife said...

Good luck on your upcoming surgery! I will be praying for you as well. It's amazing that here we can do things (such as homeschooling) so freely, not even a thought about it might not be legal somewhere else! It just floors my mind sometimes! The applesauce sounds yummy! I need to find a good source for apples around here!

Paula said...

Good luck on your surgery. Prayers for you....have a happy day

Laura said...

Wow, snowing, huh? I sure do miss the snow!!

Praying your surgery goes well!

Karen said...

Hi, Jen,
Thanks for stopping by my blog this morning! I actually didn't get to go to the thrift store today :-( We pulled into the lot and the sign on the window said they were closed. :-( I think they may be closed on Mondays! Oh, well, I will try again another day. Take care. I am wishing you all the best during and after your back surgery. God bless,
Karen

A happy heart at home said...

Mmmm, homemade applesauce - yum! And cider! I hope your surgery goes very well and that you're 100% very soon! Thanks for visiting my blog.

RYC: I use 2 cans of low-sodium, almost fat-free chicken broth. I throw in some frozen mixed vegetables and boil them in the broth, then I add water and leftover, cubed chicken. (I've also made this chicken soup with raw chicken by adding it with the frozen vegetables.) When everything's cooked, I break up the ramen noodles and add them to the pot along with their seasoning packets and cook for about 5 minutes. (You could take the noodles out of the two packages and put them into a large zip-top plastic bag, then break up the noodles that way.) It makes a really good soup.

~Susan

flmom said...

I so enjoyed reading your daybook, especially about taling with the missionaries and not getting caught up in how many people. I pray all goes well with your surgery and recovery.

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

I enjoyed reading your day book...you are one busy lady. Prayers and hugs w/ your surgery...take care...