Friday, November 21, 2008

FPhoto Friday



Every year since my Husband and I met we have gone to a living history museum near us for a Yuletide candle light tour. It was always our gift to each other. It is always so much fun. But this year, we will be unable to go because of my back surgery. So I thought I would take a virtual tour on Fridays.

The tour starts out with you meeting your tour guide. We then walk out into the village..back to the 1800's. The actors really make you feel as if you are living back in those days. Nothing says Christmas like the feeling of being back in the simpler days. Although it was a very difficult life they made everything they had.

This was the first stop on our tour in 2004. They were a family that was pretty well off for back in the 1800's. They had taken in the school teacher for the holidays. There was a quilting theme this year and each home was working on a quilt square. There was a fire in the fireplace, Christmas carols being sung, wonderful Christmas smells, bread baking, and pine.
I will post more next week on the tour. I am so thankful for the life that God has given me. I do not need a lot of stuff like many people we know. We are thankful for what God gives us.
To see other Fphoto Friday posts stop by Married to the Preacher blog and check them out. Better yet join us! Everyone has a photo they love to share.

3 comments:

Joyfull said...

This sounds like so much fun! I would love to do something like this. Looking forward to more pictures.

Natalie said...

What a great tradition! I'm sorry to hear about your back. Hope you have a speedy recovery. Thanks for your photo today!

Cheryl said...

Sorry to hear about your back. I hope you are feeling much better and back to normal really soon! Great pictures. Happy Thanksgiving~