Monday, October 13, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...we have some running around to do. Katie is going to a pumpkin patch with a friend. The other children and I are going to the library then putting a care package together for our missionary friends.

Outside my Window... the sky is dark with cool crisp autumn air. I love to sit here with the window open and feel the cool breeze.

I am thinking... about the messages we heard today at church, About really studying the Bible.

I am thankful for... a wonderful Husband, wonderful children and loving parents.

From the Learning Room…we have today (Monday) off because of a birthday holiday. The benefit of homeschooling is getting your birthday off...or the day after in this case.

From the kitchen... oatmeal with toppings of choice. Perhaps some cookies later in the day.

I am wearing... tshirt and sweatpants with slippers. My hair in a pony tail.

I am reading... my Bible, The Hidden Art of Homemaking.

I am hoping... for this pleasant weather to continue through out the week.

I am hearing... a couple of cars driving by and the cat trying to get my attention.

Around the house... still some old shingles to pick up. Work on painting the house.

One of my favorite things...spending the time with family.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...homeschooling, pumpkin patch, apple farm to get apples for sauce.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you... Our cat "Cookie" waiting patiently to go outdoors.

To see other day book entries stop by Peggy at the Simple Woman and join in on the fun.

7 comments:

Pastor Ron said...

UMMM...most libraries are closed today...I thought ours was but maybe I heard wrong...hope you have lots of fun..Oh did you ever find your keys?

Sleepy Cat Hollow said...

:) Thanks for stopping by! Hope they enjoyed their time picking pumpkins. I plan on going to Apple Hill (near Placerville, CA) this coming weekend for apples ~ want to make apple sauce and pies.

Michelle at Sleepy Cat Hollow
http://sleepycathollow.wordpress.com/

Sandra said...

Great daybook, sounds like you're having a quiet day ;)

Anonymous said...

Loved reading your post today. I too love the cool crisp air. Enjoy your week and Happy Birthday to your son.

A happy heart at home said...

Happy birthday to your son! We get our birthdays off from homeschooling, too! I love cool fall breezes. It's been beautiful here. We have two cats.

~Susan

Pamela said...

I enjoyed reading your Daybook. Your pumpkin patch and apple farm trips sound like fun!

Have a great week.

SuperAngel said...

Hi there!
Thanks for coming by! I am so glad that you really enjoyed my blog. It is so nice to hear comments like yours! :)
Miss Amanda
http://superangelsblog.com