Friday, August 8, 2008

When life throws you lemons you make lemonade!

Boy do we have a great and wonderful God! He is always watching out for us. We have been replacing tires on our car as we can afford them. We have replaced 2 and had 2 more to go. Since we really do not drive a lot during the week, this was the most practical way to go about it. With the price of tires approaching $100/tire! Replacing all 4 at once was not even an option. Anyway, I went out last night with a friend of mine to dinner with no problems at all. Then this morning I was taking our children to spend sometime with my Mom (Fridays are my free day) and just as I was pulling onto the street that my sister lives on the tire just went flat. No pop. Just down. I managed to get it into my sister's driveway and my brother was dropping off his children and said he would put the doughnut on for me. That got me thinking, boy God sure protected us, I could of been going 55 (with the children in the car) when the tire went. OR it could of happened last night after dark when I would of been on a back country road. Also this week my husband was offered 5 hours of over time. More than enough to pay for the new tire. So instead of getting upset (which I normally do) I just praised out wonderful God for allowing it to happen when it did.

This verse came to mind today: Matthew 6:34

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is it's own trouble."

This has been a very big break through in my Christian life. I have always worried about everything. Today was the first time I can remember not worrying. I amazed myself, but mostly I think I amazed my husband!

My brother said he thinks this tire was damaged when a drunk driver crashed into our car this past winter, in our driveway. Which is another great post about how God works in our lives, maybe I'll post about that next week. You can see the flat part in the tire where he said it looks like someone slid the car sideways, which is what happened when he hit our car. But PRAISE GOD we were not injured in either incidents. God is so GOOD!

No comments: