Monday, June 16, 2008

Simple Woman Day book

This is something I got from The Simple Woman blog I've tried to do every Monday. Sometimes the time gets away from me and I forget. Stop by and see Peggy at The Simple Woman and try this out.

FOR TODAY

Outside my window.....there is a gentle nice cool breeze! Very refreshing after the last week of 90 degree weather here.

I am thinking...i need to go check the peas, they had pods on them and they should be ready to pick....WOOHOO

I am thankful for...for so much, my Lord and Savior, my husband, my children.
From the kitchen...hamburger, potatoes, carrots, in the crockpot for supper. Hamburger made to taste like pot roast. MAYBE I'll make an apple cake.
I am creating...a postcard scrapbook to place all the wonderful postcards we have been receiving from all over the world and US.

I am going...to organize our home! Organization begins in the heart.

I am wearing...my hair in a bun....it is finally long enough!!

I am reading...the "Excellent Wife" by Martha Peace

I am hoping...to finish up our school this week! Then finish the 4th quarter report.

I am hearing...Chip Ingram on the radio

Around the house...there is so much to do. We finally picked out our colors for the house. We will hopefully begin painting this weekend. There is a reason God gave us a small home, we can do the painting in a weekend!

One of my favorite things...is hearing my children laughing

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week...go to a friends to scrapbook, finish quarterly reports, finish organizing the house.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...

1 comment:

candy said...

Love this picture too! :)

Thanks for the comment on my hearts. I think you should make some too!!! The lavender idea sounds lovely. I always wanted to do that..maybe one day.

I will try to do a post about how i made the hearts to show everyone.

But to get the fringe:

The fabric I used was cotton that I got from my Mother-in-love a few years ago. Its kinda like a sturdy tea towel dish cloth but I have used all kinds of material to make hearts. I find that bed sheet type of cotton/polyster works best to help make the edges fray more.

How I made them: I traced out a heart on paper. Cut it out. Traced around the paper heart onto the fabric. Cut out TWO of the heart shaped fabric. BUT the key is to leave a bit of fabric around the heat when your cutting. In other words, dont cut it out the same size as the paper heart, cut it so it looks bigger that way you get extra material that will fray when you sew it. Then Pin the 2 heart fabrics together with one little pin.

Usually people sew inside out. But I dont because this way I get the fray edge. So what I did was I sewed the heart fabrics together by looping the thread over (unlike sewing in a straight line).

If you find it doesnt give a good enough fray edge (because it depends on the fabric) then cut little slits around the edges and it will really give it a frayed look.

Hope that made sense LOL!
Candy :) :)