Sunday, June 22, 2008

My Husband

So many time we get so wrapped up in the daily happenings all around us and sometimes forget to mention those who work so hard for us. My husband is that person to me. He works very hard to provide for our family that sometimes I take it for granted. I go on and on about my daily happenings that I over see his daily happenings. He is the strong silent type. I am so grateful to God for bringing us together. It is so great to see us grow as a Christian couple. We were both saved on the same day, almost 3 years ago. I have been so preoccupied creating the "perfect" home that I have neglected my husband. I'm so tired by the end of the day that I do not even want to talk when the children go to bed. Each day I concentrate on one room in the house. I try not to take on too much so I will be able to have a conversation with my Husband. At the end of the day he too has a lot he wants to talk with me about.

I've been doing very well at getting up with him and seeing him off to work. He seems to be much happier about going off to work since I've started spending that time with him. I use to worry a lot about "stuff" which I am pleased to say that I have been doing better at this, I've turned it over to God.

The other day our 14 year old came to me and asked me to teach her how to be a good Wife and Mom like I am. I didn't quite know what to say, I wasn't even sure I knew how to be a "good Wife and Mom". I know something is being done right when a 14 year old tells her Mom this. I've been praying about this and reading "The Excellent Wife", there are some great tips in there and I highly recommend it. But most importantly I've been searching scripture for the answers to how to be a good Wife and Mom. I think of the Proverbs 31 woman, and try to Be like her in many aspects. I know that it will be almost impossible to live up to everything in that passage, but it does not hurt a woman to try her best.

Each and everyday we should honor our husbands, not just on birthdays, or special days. My challenge to you is to do something for your husband. Something that is totally unexpected. I will post what I do.

1 comment:

Heart 4 My Home said...

This is right on point. We should honor our husband's daily. I have to admit, as much as I love my husband I don't do near a good enough job of honoring him on a daily basis. So thank you for this wonderful reminder.