Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Boston Cream Cake

Good Morning!  I have not seen this hour in a long time.  It is currently 6 AM.  Now that may not seem early to most, but for me it is.  I have a few minutes before I have to leave for work so I thought I'd get this recipe up. 


This cake is SO good.  It tastes a little like one of those cream doughnuts.  When you see how easy this is you will most certainly make this your go-to cake.

Boston Cream Cake

1 box yellow cake mix
ingredients to make the cake
1 box vanilla instant pudding
ingredients to make the pudding
1 can chocolate frosting

Prepare the cake according to the cake mix directions.  Put the cake batter into a 13 x 9 pan.  While the cake is baking prepare the pudding mix.  Place the pudding into the refrigerator until ready to use.  Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool completely.

When the cake is completely cool you can poke holes in it.  Using the round end of a wooden spoon make holes through out the cake.  Spread the pudding over the cake evenly. 

Place the frosting into the microwave until melted slightly and pourable.  Drizzle the frosting over the cake quickly.  It will harden up quickly so make sure you move right along with it.  Once the frosting is on, place the cake into the refrigerator until ready to serve.


I'm certain you and your family will love this cake.  I am positive this will be requested for birthdays of my family.  Best thing is that you can switch it up by the different mixes you use.  YUM! 

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Oh my gosh! This sounds so good and so easy! I am definitely going to make this.

I don't know if you have kept up with my blog or not, but this old NYer is moving to PA! Soon! Our new house closing is Sept 18 and the closing of our NY house is end of Oct.
We are moving because of my husbands job. We are very excited, our new house is beautiful!
Here is the link - http://wall-to-wall-books.blogspot.com/2014/08/fun-friday-catch-up-on-my-life.html