Monday, July 21, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

 


Breakfast time…what is on the plate this morning...
Coffee was the only thing I had this morning.  My husband and I had an early morning meeting.

On today’s to do list...
Just the normal everyday tasks.  Laundry, dishes and some basic cleaning.

Currently reading...
The Enchanted Barn by Grace Livingston Hill.  I had never read any of these books until a friend introduced me to them.  I just love them.

On the TV today...
Nothing much.  I've been watching a few videos on YouTube lately.  Mostly about cooking and knitting.

The weather outside is...
A bit muggy.  The temperature is only 81 degrees but the mugginess makes it feel sticky and just plain ick! 

On the menu this week...
Simple meals.  I have had to get a job to help pay the bills.  The job is the best of both worlds.  I will be babysitting my niece and nephew!  But I will be over there.  So it will be a big adjustment for everyone.  My hours will be about 7 am - 3 pm.  The most difficult part will be the not seeing my husband.  But we have to do what we have to do to pay the bills.  Meals will be very simple the days I am gone.

Monday~ Hot Dogs
Tuesday~ Overnight French Toast
Wednesday~ Chicken and Rice
Thursday~ Mac and Cheese

If I have a few minutes to myself, I will...
Probably just enjoy the quiet. 

New recipe I tried, or want to try this week...
Nothing new until I settle into the new routine.

In the garden...
My dill and cilantro are growing great!  The deer and other wildlife ate the rest of our garden. 

Favorite photo from the camera...
July 15 was the one year anniversary of a very horrific accident that claimed the lives of three young adults from our community.  It was heartbreaking.  We live in a very small town where everyone knows everyone.  So we had a memorial service on the football field last Tuesday with a balloon launch.


Homemaking Tip...
Working outside of the home AND trying to keep house is very difficult!  Assign each person something to help with.  It takes the whole family to make a mess.  It also should take the whole family to clean the mess.

Praying for...
A family who's daughter has a cyst on her brain.  Another MRI is being done today.
My family as we adjust to the new normal.

Bible verse, Devotional speaking to me...
Psalm 40:16
"Let all those that seek thee rejoice and be glad in thee; let such as love thy salvation say continually, The LORD be magnified."

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I didn't know you had to get a job, that has to be quite an adjustment. Praying you all find a good routine soon :)

I do love simple meals and yours sound yummy, especially that overnight french toast :)

Hope you had a great weekend and a good week ahead.
xoxoxo

Anna said...

yes, yes, how well I know working away from home makes it a challenge to keep things clean and caught up! We own/operate 2 family businesses and work 14 or so hours a day most days. As long as there are clean clothes we are all good. LOL! Have a great week! I'm visiting from HHM!