Monday, July 28, 2014

Chicken Stir Fry with Sesame Ginger Sauce

I just love ordering out to our local Chinese place.  But because we need to tighten our belt when it comes to money we just don't order out.  So I decided to recreate it at home.  So when we do that I usually hear from my family, "this is better than take-out", "I love this mommy".  Nothing brings me joy like seeing happiness on my family's faces when I cook something they really enjoy.


Chicken Stir-Fry with Sesame Ginger Sauce

1 pound of boneless skinless chicken, cut up into small chunks
1 Tablespoon Oil
1 garlic clove minced
1-2 teaspoons ginger powder
1 bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables
1 bag of frozen broccoli pieces
Sesame Sauce recipe found at Full Bellies, Happy Kids

Heat up the oil in a large pan.  Add the garlic.  Sauté for a few seconds, just until you start to smell it.  Add the chicken and cook until no longer pink.  Once the chicken is cooked through add the bag of frozen stir-fry vegetables.

Cook this for about 10 minutes or until vegetables are cooked to your liking.  Add the Sesame Sauce with the addition of the ginger powder to the sauce and cook an additional 10 minutes uncovered. The sauce will thicken as it cooks.  Serve over rice if desired.

This is defiantly a keeper!  I have also taken garlic powder, ginger powder, salt and pepper and mixed up in a bowl.  Then sprinkle it over the chicken before adding it to the oil. 


3 comments:

Pioneer Woman at Heart said...

Looks delicious. I love making chicken teriyaki with homemade sauce. We love ginger too, so this looks great.

Sandra said...

Looks very good Jen. Thank you for sharing :)

threesidesofcrazy said...

Sounds yummy - always looking for a good veggie filled recipe.