Monday, June 30, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday

It has been so long since I've participated in this.  So I had some time this morning I thought I'd join in again.

Thank you Diary of a Stay at Home Mom for hosting this.


As I look outside my window..
There is a gentle summer breeze.  The birds are singing away. 

Right Now I Am...
Listening to Rejoice Radio with my husband while he chats about his morning devotional.  This is one of my favorite times of the morning.

Thinking and pondering...
About all of the trials we are facing. 

On My bedside table...
Bible and The Complete Guide to Essential Oils

On My TV tonight...
Nothing really.  It's summer and we tend to leave the TV off during the summer.  Occasionally, I will watch The Food network.

Playing on the radio...
"Because He Lives" which is one of my favorite hymns.

On The Menu this week...
Monday-grilled chicken and salad
Tuesday-pasta
Wednesday-chicken n biscuits
Thursday-Beef stir fry with veggies

On My To Do List...
Daily cleaning
Laundry
Doctors appointment tomorrow for me

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
I purchased a vintage apron pattern book.  So I'm going to attempt one of these.  I also have a vintage tea towel pattern book. 

My simple pleasure...
Sitting outside in the cool of the summer evening watching fireflies. 

Lesson learned the past week...
Gardening where we live now is a complete waste of time and money.  We have taken every precaution to keep wildlife out of our plants with no luck.  We have seen more deer here in the village than when we lived in the country.  I never had trouble with creatures eating my plants!  My husband actually saw a squirrel jump onto the fence into our garden for a feast.  UGH!

Looking Around the House...
One thing I do a lot of when I am stressed or anxious is clean.  So our home is pretty tidy a I wait on my biopsy results.  I have one more week to wait.  I am planning on painting trim this week.  I am waiting on the humidity to go down a little so it will dry properly.

From The Camera...
We went to the Celtic Faire this past weekend.  But between the heat and just not feeling well we left early.  I did get a few pictures.



On my prayer list...
Good results from my testing.
My husband's tooth. 
Military Men and Women

Bible Verse, Devotional...
Philippians 4:4
"Rejoice in the Lord always. Again I will say, rejoice!"

This verse says we are to rejoice always! Not just when something is going right in our lives.  We are to rejoice when trials hit us.  This is not easy.  But trials shape us into the person God wants us to be.  So I am trying to rejoice during this time in our lives.  I am drawing closer to Him and obtaining comfort knowing He is in control.

3 comments:

Felicia said...

Praying for a good outcome on your test and that your stress levels stay low this week.

I've never dealt with animals and a garden but I can imagine that being frustrating.

Have a great week.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi I am a new follower coming to your from Sandra's blog. I love you blog and will return. God bless you for a positive resolution to your health concerns. Hugs from your new blogger friend in Arizona!

Sandra said...

I can't believe I missed this one. Hoping your test results come out fine. Will keep you in my prayers.