Monday, March 24, 2014

Happy Homemaker Monday



As I look outside my window...
We had snow again this morning.  It was only a quick inch.  As much as I love winter I am so ready to see it go!!  Bring on the spring flowers, birds chirping in the trees, and warm spring breezes.

Right Now I Am...
Listening to the tick tock of the clock.

Thinking and pondering...
About many things.  I'm thinking about our upcoming Biblical Counseling seminar on Friday.  Our kids as they grow up and start spreading their wings.  About how we are trying to cut down on our use of modern things.  Computers, cell phones, ect.  We are also trying to make what we can on our own. 

On My bedside table...
Book on farming God's way.  My bible and tissues.

On My TV tonight...
Probably nothing. 

Playing on the radio...
A Mennonite CD of them singing hymns.  It reminds me of when I was a kid and we fellowshipped at a Mennonite church.

On The Menu this week...
I did not make a menu yet for this week.  I have been so tired recently.  I'm probably headed to the doctor soon for a physical.

On My To Do List...
Laundry (also using my new drying rack from Homesteading Drying Racks) I am writing up a post now to be published later this week about it.  One thing I've missed is drying my clothes on the line.  We have no spot to put one here.  So when we saw these it was perfect!  It fits nicely into our backroom if the weather is less than ideal for hanging laundry out.

What I am sewing, crocheting, knitting or creating...
Hannah and I are going to take a rug hooking class from our local knitting store. (Sorry the link is for their Facebook page). The website is still under construction.   This is not the rug hooking most of you are familiar with.  This way uses wool and little loops.  It looks something like this...

Isn't this the neatest thing you have ever seen?  I have wanted to learn it for so long.  The cost is very reasonable.  The women who own the shop are the sweetest!

My simple pleasure...
Learning new things.  Especially when they are things from the past. 

Lesson learned the past week...
God places certain people in your path each day.  It is up to us to take that step of faith and help them out.

Looking Around the House...
Most everything is done that needed to be done.  Dining room and kitchen always need a little picking up.

From The Camera...

Homemade No-Bake Peanut Butter granola bars.  SO good.  The recipe will be up later today or early tomorrow.

On my prayer list...
Unspoken for myself
My kids
My husband and myself as we complete our Biblical Counseling certification classes.
Our Church

Bible Verse, Devotional...
"When you worry, you're saying, I don't trust You, God.  So pray instead of worrying."~ Thelma Wells  See also Matthew 6:25

1 comment:

Farmlife Chick said...

That sheep looks adorable!