Thursday, January 16, 2014

Made to Crave {Blog Hop}

I have always struggled with my weight.  It's gone up and down my whole life.  In 2001 I had reached my lowest weight ever.  My sister was my personal trainer and my coach.  It was a few years after that milestone that she endured a brain injury.  My world came crashing down on me.  I turned to food to comfort me.  Quickly I put the weight back on.  It seems like an endless cycle of ups and downs with my weight.  Especially when stressful situations come my way. 

I read Made to Crave a few years ago as a review.  So I pretty much just read it for content.  I was never able to dig deep into what it said.  It's no secret our 2013 was a very difficult year.  We endured all kinds of hardships.  I found myself running to the kitchen for comfort.  What I should have been doing is running to God for the comfort He so greatly wants to give me. 

I am personally inviting you to join me on this journey.  It is not a book on how to eat or what to eat.  What we are going to work on is keeping our focus on God and not food.  All you need to do is go on over to the Proverbs 31 Online Bible Study page and sign up.  It's not too late.  We are starting on Sunday.  All you need is your Bible and a copy of Made to Crave.    Also, if you are local I am hosting a fellowship time once a week.  We will get together and talk about our struggles or successes during the week.  We will also lift up each other in prayer during our journey to focus more on God and less on our desires.

P31 OBS Blog Hop

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm dropping in from the BlogHop. This is my first OBS with Proverbs31, and I am greatly looking forward to it. I think that is awesome you are also hosting a local meeting for some face to face time during the study. Looking forward to what this study will bring as we all dig deep in it, and praying the Lord uses it in mighty ways to draw us all closer to Him.

Unknown said...

I have never read this book but that is the true key to any stuggle in life from relationships to food. Simply keeping our focus on God. It is the answer to all our questions and meets all our needs. I know you can do this. I know you can! I will be praying for you as the Lord brings you to mind. blessings! http://muchbiggerthanme.blogspot.com/2013/08/redeemed-from-my-personal-battle.html

a joyful noise said...

This sounds wonderful as ladies get together and discover how to crave God instead of food. Oh may I desire God for he is sweeter than honey (and candy)