Wednesday, November 27, 2013

I'm dreaming of a white Thanksgiving?!

Yesterday the snow started to fall around 2 PM.  Just as my husband pulled out heading to work.  It really didn't start picking up until around 10 PM.  Boy was it beautiful!


The start of the "storm" was the big light fluffy flakes.  It was a nice steady snowfall.  Around 5:30 PM we started to see a little start to stick.

It seemed to really pick up around 8:30 PM.  That is where we saw it start to pile up.  This is going to be one of the coldest Thanksgivings in a long time.

One of my favorite things to photograph is the falling snow.  Everything is so beautiful! 

We have a large bay window in our living room.  This is where I love watching the snow come down. It also gives me a great opportunity to play around with the settings on my camera.  I learned that if you shoot snowfall in B/W they come out pretty good.

I also love that the snow looks like it has glitter in it.  This is my favorite time of the year!

I absolutely love how it gathers on the branches.  I know many people do not like the snow.  But you know what?  I live in NY!  I choose to embrace it instead of complain about it.

The snow continued to fall all through the evening and overnight.  We woke up to a beautiful winter wonderland!  Seems like we should be getting ready for Christmas instead of Thanksgiving.

Am I boring you yet with all these pictures? 

We did loose a large branch from our tree from the weight of the snow.  It was a pine tree branch so I'll be bringing some of it inside to decorate with.  LOVE the smell of fresh pine.

I promise only a few more pictures.  I was up at 6 am snapping pictures again.  Well that's not the only reason, the kids I babysit were coming this morning. 

I could not find the ruler this morning to measure exactly how much snow we got.  But we got at least 5-6 inches.

The winter scenes out there reminds me of the Narnia movie.  All we need now is a light pole.  I have a feeling this is just a taste of what is in store for us this winter here.  Come back here Saturday night!  My mom and I are headed to The Genesee Country Village and Museum for their annual Preparing for the Holidays event.  We will be touring the houses in the village seeing how they prepared for the winter. We will also be making 19th Century crafts.  You can read about our craft making and tour from last year.  I look forward to this every year.  It's something my mom and I do together!  This will be the first year we actually had snow!!

1 comment:

Wall-to-wall books said...

Wow you got a lot more snow than we did!
We live in the fingerlakes area.
Nice pictures!
Have a great Thanksgiving!