Monday, November 11, 2013

Cinnamon Rolls {Bread Maker Style}

When fall arrives I spend most of my day in the kitchen.  All of the delightful smells that come out of there just screams home to me.  There is nothing like seeing the smile on my husband's face when he comes home to goodies.  This weekend we spent the whole weekend together.  Lately that has been far and few between.  We have been like two ships passing in the night.  So I really cherish the time we get to spend together.

I decided I wanted to make some cinnamon rolls.  I very rarely make them.  I just think they take way too much time.  But when I am able to throw the ingredients into my bread maker it cuts down the time it takes.

 
 
Cinnamon Rolls (Mixed in a Bread Machine)
 
Dough
3/4 cup warm milk
1 large egg
3 cups flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons active dry yeast
 
Filling
1/3 cup butter melted
1/3 cup brown sugar 
cinnamon
 
Place the dough ingredients into the pan according to your bread machine directions.  Set the bread maker to the dough setting.  When it is done remove the dough to a floured surface.  Let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
 
In a microwaveable bowl melt the butter.  Add the brown sugar and stir until well mixed. 
 
Roll the dough out into a rectangle.  Spread the butter and sugar mixture onto the dough.  Sprinkle cinnamon on top of the mixture.  Starting at the long side roll the dough up tightly.  Press the edges to seal up the roll. 
 
To keep the dough from becoming squished down use dental floss to cut into rolls.  Cut the rolls into approximately 1 inch slices.  Place the slices onto a greased baking pan.   Make sure you keep a nice space between the rolls so they rise nicely.  Cover the pan with a tea towel and let the rolls rise about 30-45 minutes or until doubled in size.
 
Bake for 20-25 minutes in a preheated oven.  Make sure you remove the tea towel first.  {Smile} Do not ask me why or how I know this?!
 
 
 Now if you do not have a bread maker you can still follow my recipe.  But I would suggest you use a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook.  Just place the dough ingredients into the bowl and mix until all the ingredients come together.  Knead the dough on a floured surface until it is elastic looking (I know a fancy bread term).  Cover the bowl with a tea towel and let the dough rise for about 30 minutes.  Then follow the rest of the recipe.   If you can make bread you can make these. 


3 comments:

Sandra said...

These are very similar to the ones I make in the bread machine too. I love it, yummy :)

Stacie said...

I don't have a bread machine, but I'm thinking about it! I love the tip about cutting the dough with dental floss. . .never knew that!

Farmlife Chick said...

Ok, in all fairness you shouldn't post scrumptious pictures of food this late at night when there's nothing I can do about it!!!!:)