Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Six-Layer Casserole

This dish is something my mom made all the time when I was growing up.  I am not sure where she got the recipe.  I am glad she did! 


1 Pound of ground beef
2 potatoes thinly sliced
3-4 carrots thinly sliced
1/2 cup of rice (I used instant)
1 onion thinly sliced
1 can of diced tomatoes, do not drain
2 cans of tomato soup
2 cans of water
Salt and pepper to taste

Prepare your 2 quart casserole dish with butter or non-stick spray.  Layer the ground beef on the bottom of the dish.  Add the sliced onion on top of the ground beef, season with salt and pepper if you wish.  Next layer the potatoes, season with salt and pepper.  Then layer carrots, season with salt and pepper.  Next comes the rice.   Now add the can of diced tomatoes with their liquid.   In a separate bowl mix the cans of tomato soup and water.  Pour over top.  Cover and Bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.


This has become a favorite of our family!  Once you make this you will see why we like this so much. 

1 comment:

Renee said...

I'll be making this tomorrow for dinner. I can't wait to try it!