Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Couponing Made Simple {Molly Crew Review}

I'm sure when you hear the term couponing you immediately think of those reality shows that are on now.  The ones where people spend hours upon hours clipping coupons.  That is just not for me.  I often have great intentions of saving money with coupons.  I spend the time clipping and cutting, cutting and clipping just to realize I forgot the coupons.  {Sigh}

This is why I was thrilled to see this book come up for review.  As a member of the Molly Crew we were sent Couponing Made Simple by Christi the Coupon Coach.  It sells for $18.00 (physical book) or $4.99 (Kindle Format).

This book was a very easy read!  I honestly was able to read it in a weekend.  The steps listed in the book are doable.  Not all of the steps are practical for our family.  For example she suggests we purchase "one Sunday paper per person in the household".  At this time that is just not possible for our family.  But I was able to put to use her other simple steps.

I spent some time searching the internet for coupon blogs and websites.  I was looking for websites that did a lot of the hard work for me.  I was thrilled when I was able to fill up the page in the back of the book with all kinds of neat websites. 

I signed up for the weekly emails from them so I can do most of my sorting right online.  Then I just print the coupons I want and need.  Once I had a nice pile of coupons I took Christi's suggestion and got myself a cute little coupon holder. 

One of my favorite places to shop is Dollar General.  I picked up this accordion style coupon holder for only .75!  It fits right in my purse.  I was also thrilled to find out that my local Dollar General accepts internet coupons.  Where our local grocery store does not.  That is an important tip I learned from Christi's book, check out your store's coupon policy.

One of my favorite things to do is surf the internet for new and exciting things.  SO I sat down and did locate over 13 websites that share great deals they have found.  All of the hard work is done for me.  Most of the websites break everything down according to store.  YES!  I might really learn to love this couponing thing! 

Here are some of my amazing finds.  Our daughter loves the Fructis hair products but they are just not in our budget.  They are normally $3.15 each at our local Dollar General.  With coupon I was able to pick it up for $2.15.  It's still a little pricy but it does work good on her hair.  I was able to find coupons for everything pictured!  I didn't save a boat load of money but I am confident I will in the months to come. 

With the simple steps Christi has taught me I know that we can save money on the things we use regularly.  Eventually I would love to have a pantry full of items and a nice little stockpile of things we use.  This is a work in progress.  Like anything it takes time to learn.  I am learning and I know from now on we will be better stewards of what God has provided us.  My favorite part of the book was the end where she shares the Gospel with you.  What am amazing way to share your faith.

Photobucket

 photo DisclaimerGraphic1_zpsf612f371.gif

No comments: